Iris was originally built as a two-car Derby Lightweight DMU in 1954 and was later converted into two single cars for use on the Buckingham branch.
It was used by the R&DD for radio survey work and also general testing and was originally painted in the Division’s red and blue livery and designated ‘Test Coach Iris ‘. In its later years the unit was re-painted into BR green and carried both its original running number as well as its Departmental one.
Iris is now retired and was very nicely restored at the Midland Railway Centre, Butterley Derbyshire to virtually original condition and was used occasionally in passenger service on the MRC.
Finished Kit :
Ready to Run :
£150.00 with Hornby DCC ready chassis